Here is how I play the "Bathroom Scale" game:
- Step 1: I weigh in as early in the morning as possible.
- Step 2: I weigh with NO clothing on.
- Step 3: If my wedding ring won't twist or slide off easily - I skip weighing myself. (water retention) *This is the ultimate 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card.
- Step 4: If my weight has fluctuated for the worse - I curse the scale and swear not to weigh myself daily anymore.
- Step 5: I weigh myself at night - it's a preview. Generally, if my weight is the same as it was that morning, I've probably LOST weight. (After all, you supposedly GAIN weight throughout the day so this is only a logical assumption.) *This is the best 'Chance' card you can get on the gameboard.
Worked out on the Total Gym... it's much easier to do when I am wearing a walkman and listening to music that gets me going. Today it was my own mix of Maroon 5, Elvis, SugarRay, The Dandy Warhols, and Huey Lewis and the News (ah... a retreat to my youth, when I was thinner and my hair was longer, and there were no diapers to change - ahhhhh, those were the days).
My anniversary is this Monday... I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. My mom said I looked thinner today and it definitely looked like I was losing. That thrilled me to know end because my mom is brutally honest with me where my.... uh... weight is concerned. LOL