Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ugh... The Mind Games One Must Play

I know I can't be the only one who does this... play games with the scale. I hate the bathroom scale. I really, really do. I'm sure it's just doing its' job, nothing personal - and yet, I can say that I probably like the lady behind the counter and the DMV more than I like that stupid scale.

Here is how I play the "Bathroom Scale" game:

  • Step 1: I weigh in as early in the morning as possible.
  • Step 2: I weigh with NO clothing on.
  • Step 3: If my wedding ring won't twist or slide off easily - I skip weighing myself. (water retention) *This is the ultimate 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card.
  • Step 4: If my weight has fluctuated for the worse - I curse the scale and swear not to weigh myself daily anymore.
  • Step 5: I weigh myself at night - it's a preview. Generally, if my weight is the same as it was that morning, I've probably LOST weight. (After all, you supposedly GAIN weight throughout the day so this is only a logical assumption.) *This is the best 'Chance' card you can get on the gameboard.
Today, my wedding ring was a little tight... so I drank more water today and a glass of iced tea with artificial sweetener. Had a carb bowl from Carl's Junior today. Love those!

Worked out on the Total Gym... it's much easier to do when I am wearing a walkman and listening to music that gets me going. Today it was my own mix of Maroon 5, Elvis, SugarRay, The Dandy Warhols, and Huey Lewis and the News (ah... a retreat to my youth, when I was thinner and my hair was longer, and there were no diapers to change - ahhhhh, those were the days).

My anniversary is this Monday... I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. My mom said I looked thinner today and it definitely looked like I was losing. That thrilled me to know end because my mom is brutally honest with me where my.... uh... weight is concerned. LOL

No comments: