Friday, April 29, 2005

Ugh... 1 more down, but it might not be for long.

I'm trying to tell myself that no one is perfect, that this is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. In fact, I have to get that attitude straight because that is exactly how it is. I have a hormonal imbalance, I am insulin resistant and I'm going to have to come to grips with that. I just cannot handle the sugar anymore. Thank God I'm not diabetic or anything - but, that doesn't change the fact that sugar just doesn't make me feel very well.

I screwed up today. We all went to the movies and I decided that a few handfuls of popcorn and a some candy wouldn't hurt anything. Fact is... it made me feel icky and bloated.

I've been REALLY, REALLY good up until now. So, I know I can't be that hard on myself. If anything, I'm actually glad that I did this. There has been this gnawing fear since I began this thing that I was not going to be able to stick with it, that my addiction to sugar was going to win out. Turns out... not so much. It made me feel so icky that I can honestly say I'm not going to do that again.

The good news is that as of this morning - I was down one more pound. Actually the scale was closer to 175 - but since it was on the "heavy side" of 175, I'm just going to call it 176. Better to round up than down.

I worked out and I'm already up to nearly 50 ounces of water today. I had a late breakfast which was a very simple scrambled eggs and bacon. I did my little snafu at the movies and now I am back on track.

Know what? It actually feels pretty good.

My mom on the other hand (who is doing a Suzanne Sommers version of the IR diet) played it smart and picked up Sweet N Low's "Coconut Patties." I tried one and guess what? They are really good. You can't tell there is no sugar. It doesn't taste diet-y, the chocolate has a great flavor and there really isn't a whole lot of difference between them and Almond Joys. I really recommend them. In fact, the next time I get a sweet tooth attack I plan to try that or the mint patty variety.


No comments: