Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Great Pair Of Cords...

I have to apologize for the lack of consistent posting lately. The only excuse I can possibly give is that sometimes, "life gets in the way..."

Anyway, I spent last weekend at Pismo Beach, we rented a house for my husbands birthday. We had so much fun and ate a lot of really great food. I completely skipped the carb counting and just relaxed and had a good time.

I know, I'm not quite as dedicated as I was a few months ago. Although, I'm not gaining anything back, thank goodness. I think mentally I've just created a barrier that basically says, "I'm only willing to go so far" and certainly not in the direction of largers numbers on the bathroom scale.

My weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds, fairly typical.

This past weekend I fit into a size 10 at the Bass Outlet. A cute pair of chocolate cords, they were 30% off - but I'd have bought them at full price. I never thought I'd slip into a size 10, easily, ever again. I'm thrilled!

On top of that... I'm finally able to buy clothes at American Eagle... one of my favorite stores.

I'm not 100% happy with where I am now... I've got another 20 pounds to lose, at least. But, I'm much happier than where I was 6 months ago. The biggest issue is to maintain the weight and not go back the other direction... I think I can manage that. I've really established a lot of good habits and I've eliminated the majority of sugar and carbs in my diet.

Although, I am still considering going on the Shwarzbein Principal diet. It's a little bit more lenient than straight low-carb. I'm thinking about doing it throughout October. I've still got a couple of days to decide. If I do start it, I'll start on Saturday the first. A fresh start, clean slate on the first day of the month. That's probably just what I need.

No comments: