Thursday, September 08, 2005

Yikes!!!!



Well... well... well... I can tell you that this was certainly an unwelcome sight. I jiggled, I bounced, I swore, I threatened, I begged, I cajoled, I attempted to bribe. Still, that SOB in the bathroom resigned itself to read a dreary 161. And seemed to admonish me with a "don't push your luck!"

Now, don't bother going back to previous posts, I admit... that's a 3 pound weight GAIN.

Am I annoyed? Yes.
Frustrated? Absolutely.
Willing to throw in the towel? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

My mother assures me that muscle weighs more than fat and that I have been "working out like a fiend" (her words NOT mine). With the exception of the weekends, I am still working out at least 30 minutes a day on the Total Gym and at least three days a week I do a 20 minute Pilates workout on top of that.

I probably need to start hitting the Gazelle Glider an additional 20 minutes... but I really detest that thing. It makes me feel clumsy and uncoordinated.

Now, I admit to falling off the wagon on the weekends... a bit. But, since Monday I've been straight... I haven't waivered. I've ordered my burgers without buns, I've avoided temptation, I had eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning, I had nuts as a snack. I'm really trying to stick with the program here...

One thing I am not quite up to par on is water consumption. The weather has cooled slightly (high 80's low 90's) and I'm just not diving in like I have in the past. My fault, my problem, I know. I'm pushing about 50 ounces a day... but I should really be doing at least 80 ounces a day. That's 30 ounces shy... and I do know that the carb cravings tend to disappear when I have my water up to the designated level.

What I fear (and it is a fear) is having to give up caffeine. I've read at various diet sites and msg boards (pertaining to weight loss, low carb, and PCOS) that when all else fails, giving up caffeine can do the trick. The problem is that I'm a hardcore Starbuck's addict. I grind the beans at home, I run through the drive through at least 4 days a week. I don't DO well without caffeine.

Problem is... I want to be thin, healthy and have my caffeine fix.

Isn't that terrible?

No comments: