Monday, October 03, 2005

Mourning The Loss Of A Dear Friend...

*sigh*

Caffeine... my friend, my supporter, my comfort...

Today, I give you up...

But, I will keep in close touch with your friend, decaf, while not as flavorful or inspiring as you... I hope it will make the hole that you will undoubtedly leave, just a bit smaller.

That's right, I'm turning over a new leaf (no autumn pun intended here). I've decided to quit caffeine cold-turkey. And, today marks my first day on the Shwarzbein principal. I've decided to go gung-ho and eliminate these last 20 pounds.

So, pardon the sleepy posts that will undoubtedly follow. I have my concerns over the lack of stimulants in my system... will I be able to hold a conversation? Drive? Remember to pick up the kids? Can I live without my beloved iced tea? What exactly will I order when I take the kids through Sonic?

So many questions... and the answers will come in time, I'm sure.

Until then, I bid a fair adieu to my beloved caffeine. We'll be together again... someday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

vanicity I know... I know... I feel like giving up caffeine is a form of sacrilige or something. Long have I worshipped at the alter of French Roast. I swore for the longest time that I would never go without it... but alas, this diet calls for no caffeine for at least 28 days. No doubt, it will be the longest, most miserable 28 days of my life. lol

Wish me luck!