Thursday, August 25, 2005

Shwarzbein... Atkins... Southbeach... OH MY!

I've waited too long between posts... I'm still experiencing "issues." So I'm not going to update my weight until I feel it is accurate. I won't bore you with gory details. Let's chalk it up to "water weight" and let sleeping dogs lie.

The kids are back in school and I am back to regular 30 minute Total Gym workouts at least 4 days a week. By next week I expect to be back to my 30 minute morning routine and my 20 minute Pilates routine in the evening.

I'm trying to stick with the low-carb thing. Atkins has gotten me where I am thus far... I admit, I am afraid to try anything else.

In my W2W kit I did receive a lovely copy of The Schwarzbein Principal. It's a cross between Atkins and Southbeach... that's kind of general. But, there is also a large amount of time devoted to "damaged fats." Yes, it's almost as confusing as it sounds.

Still, there is a 4 week meal plan complete with recipes. Supposedly you only have to stay on that version of it (kind of like induction) for 4 weeks. After than you can go to a more relaxed version. But, this is supposed to heal your metabolism.

I'm tempted to try... but afraid to go away from what has been working.

Any thoughts?

No comments: