Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Overindulgence Thy Name is Ghiradelli

I haven't slept in two nights. My youngest is down with a nasty bug and as most parents know, if the baby doesn't sleep... neither do you.

I grabbed a cup of coffee this morning as I ran out the door to take the older kids to school and then take the baby to the doctor. Not wanting to infect the newborns in the waiting room I opted to stand out in the hall, rocking my two-year old back and forth until my legs lost most of the feeling from the knees down.

By the time I got home today I put the baby to bed and heated up some leftover soup from last night. There were chunks of tofu and mushrooms and practically no carbs at all.

The same could not be said for the leftover Christmas candy that seemed to be screaming my name and begging me to rip into it and savor each delectable chocolatey bite.

Ever seen those romantic, sexy commercials for Ghiradelli chocolate that feature some hot chickie-pie relaxing and savoring ONE square of chocolate? Yeah, well... Bullshit.

In the time she takes to savor one I can have 4 choked down with half a glass of milk.

It's probably sleep deprivation, stress and well... I'm turning 30 tomorrow.

No comments: