Monday, January 30, 2006

Getting Going... I Think I Can... I Think I Can...

Ahhh, another over indulgent birthday week (yes, we celebrate WEEKS around here) has come to a close. While most people jump on the resolution bandwagon around January 1st... I prefer to wait until MY new year January 26th.

Actually, I'm not big on resolutions, call me a non-conformist if you must, but I refuse to run with the rest of the lemmings making up little wishes (because they aren't really goals for 99% of people out there) that I doubt will come true, much less have any realistic plan of following up on anyway.

After a taste of weight loss success last year, I am yearning for more. What I don't understand is why it's so hard to get back INTO the groove again? It seems harder to get going again than it was to make up my mind to start to begin with.

My plan is to load up on Atkins or Slimfast shakes (the low carb, no sugar stuff) and protein bars... I know, it's not exactly healthy... but I plan to do this during the day and either have a decent breakfast or a decent dinner. Once I get the old ball rolling again I'll introduce healthy, low-carb alternatives to the high-sugar junk food I've been indulging in for the last... oh... 4 months.

No comments: