Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bread-Fest... Breakfast? Waste... Waist?

I was telling my husband last night that I have managed to stock up on easy things to grab and eat when I need a quick snack, all low carb, of course. Still, even though I have purchased things to curb the occasional sweet tooth (sugar-free candy, sugar-free pudding cups, etc.) it's not the chocolate that calls to me...

Last night I really wanted a sweet potato. Of course, it's not as easy as that, either. My version of a sweet potato is baked in the skin, dripping with real butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar. It's the perfect side dish for so many meals. I miss them... I really do.

Tonight I am making steaks topped with bleu cheese (I would have preferred gorgonzola, but bleu will deu... LOL) steamed broccoli (which I actually love) and that's probably about it for my meal. I might make the kids some mashed potatoes on the side... which I will behave myself around, I promise.

I'm really bad because I actually had a dream last night about biscuits and gravy. I'm a closet country girl at heart (as corny as that sounds) my grandma was from Oklahoma, my grandfather from Missouri and between the two of them I enjoyed some killer country cuisine. Biscuits and gravy, chicken and dumplings, chicken fried steak (which is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts) cornbread and buttermilk. Oh yeah... all the country comfort I can't have now. And, let me tell you... I make KILLER biscuits - from S-C-R-A-T-C-H.
Ahhhh... so sad to see such talent go to waist... er... waste. ;o)

Actually, my husband and I stopped eating the bread-fest a couple of years ago... it wasn't easy. Sugar has always been my biggest enemy, though. I'm a chocolate addict... anything double layer, extra dark, gooey, fudgy, syrupy... and I am there with bells on.

It's funny because now that I'm not having all the chocolate desserty stuff... I'm really wishing I could go back to bread-fest. LOL

Doing well today, though. My water intake is up, my carb intake is way down. Just waiting for that scale to kick-in and catch up with the inches I've lost...

No comments: