Friday, May 27, 2005

The Blahhhhs!

What is it about losing weight that makes you begin to feel good about yourself and at the same time start to notice even more imperfections than you were aware of before?

I don't get it.

Lately, I'm definitely feeling like the amount of weight loss so far, while good, is just not good enough. I'm having a difficult time appreciating where I am vs. where I was and where I want to be.

I feel like my head is too small for the rest of my body... which may seem silly, but is still annoying.

You know what else is really wild? The amount of pain a person will go through in order to "look better." You know what my ultimate goal is here? To lose all the weight I want to lose, get down to my ideal weight and go in for a tummy tuck (all that loose skin from three pregnancies), liposuction, breast reduction and lift. So, after all the sweat and deprivation - I'm then planning on slicing and dicing as a REWARD. Can you believe it? Nuts, isn't it?

Well, I got up this morning and broke my own rule. My wedding ring was a little tight, I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I'm paying for it. I got on the scale and it leveled out at 170... annoying to say the least. 170 was like this barrier that I emotionally felt I needed to go beyond. I'm trying not to get discouraged...

No comments: