Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Getting Better...

Another weekend filled with temptation. I've decided that I am not going to suffer or deprive myself. I'm very good all week long, when I get really desperate I opt for a lowcarb-friendly ice cream bar (they are really good). I try not to find excuses to deviate from my plan - but stuff happens. Mother's Day is a prime example, I stuck with ice tea or Crystal Light lemonade, we had home-made shredded beef tacos, I allowed myself one corn tortilla. Then came dessert and my darling son (who has been taking a cooking class in junior high) made Snicker Doodles from scratch. They were wonderful. Then there was a double layer chocolate cake with fudge frosting, I admit, I'm terrible because I made the silly thing in honor of Mother's Day. It was very good!

So, I'm "back on the wagon" now and doing very well. I'm down another pound and feeling much better today than I did over the weekend. I am working on getting more water down... I've slacked off a bit lately because the weather has cooled off a bit and it makes it harder for me to drink a lot of water, isn't that stupid?

I firmly believe that things are as easy or as difficult as you choose to make them. I've tried to make this as simple and as easy as possible. I'm already seeing a big changes.

I am now up to six sets of leg / butt exercises (each set is 6 exercises, 10 reps each) on the Total Gym, I'm up to 3 sets of upper arms (3 different exercises, 10 reps each) and three sets (1 exercise, 10 reps) of these odd outer thigh and butt toning exercises that really are not very easy at all. In the beginning it was hard to get out 3 sets of the legs and even one complete set of the upper body stuff. All this isn't even counting my daily routine on the Gazelle glider which was difficult to do even 7 minutes at first and now I am up to 20.

The Total Gym is a daily thing - 5 days per week, the Gazelle is at least 3 times a week but I try to do it more like 5.

All in all, I am trying to pay more attention to how my clothes are fitting and how I am looking instead of watching the dreaded @#$%%@#$@ scale. I've lost nearly 4 inches around my waist, alone. Everywhere else ranges from 1 - 3 inches, arms, thighs, hips, chest, etc.

This is well worth continuing on... the results are coming.


No comments: