Saturday, July 30, 2005

Damn The Farmer's Market... Damn Them!

Ok, it's not their fault. I know... it's me. I visited the Avila Valley Barn yesterday in Avila Beach, CA.

Me and my damned weakness for cherry cobbler. Especially with their granola topping. Fresh cherries, crisp, sweet granola topping... all fresh from the oven. Only someone with a heart of stone and a black hole where their taste buds should be could resist.

I would post a picture... but I'm afraid the carnage we have left behind would be too much for even someone with only a casual interest in good, old-fashioned, hearty desserts to bear. I admit, I've been very bad. But, I don't regret even a single bite of that sweet, tart, summer treat.

How terrible is it that this is supposed to be a weight loss blog and yet I'm discussing sugar-filled baked items while supposedly set into a low-carb lifestyle? It's pretty bad, I admit. But, I also never felt that this should strictly be a "good news" blog about how I'm dropping pounds left and right and am down another size with each post. How ridiculous is that? (Although... how great would that be?) No, I think it's better to just lay it all out the good, the bad, and the fattening. Why the hell not?

BTW - tip here - did you know that heavy cream (not half and half) has no carbs? Yes, it has fat - but that's essentially ok on a low-carb regimen. I use it in my coffee with a sugar-free flavored syrup or just some splenda. I also drizzle it over frozen (or fresh) berries since blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are so good for you and when used in moderation are totally fine on a low-carb diet.

Now, here is the bad news... unless there is some sort of diet miracle, I won't hit my Aug. 3 goal... which as you may recall, was to lose 8 pounds. :o(

Gotta get back on that horse and watch it (aka no splurging) until I hit that goal.

No comments: