Monday, July 11, 2005

A Summer Place...

I was sitting here mentally composing my next blog post when the faint strains of the theme to "A Summer Place" came through the baby monitor. Even before I saw the movie for the first time (ten or eleven years ago) I always felt that it was a very bittersweet melody. Still do. Hearing that completely threw me off tonight.

It's nearly midnight my time and another weekend has flown by. I've managed to drop a couple of more pounds over the last week. Which means that I have officially lost 24 pounds in about two and half months. Certainly can't complain about that. Although, I still have at least 25 more to go...

My original weight loss goal was 144 but, I'm thinking now that 135 would be better.

DH and I are not getting along very well... I'm not quite sure why, but I have some theories. We haven't spoken much this weekend but we have exchanged some nasty emails, that's always fun. I am fighting the urge to eat everything in the house containing even the smallest fraction of sugar. I know it's part of that nasty stress cycle that's causing this and I know the stress is because of the problems with dh.

All of this is causing the GAD to rear it's ugly head worse than usual. Which reminds me, I need to call in my refill for Lexapro. Splendid. I am getting flashes of last fall when I was having panic attacks fairly regularly. Truth be told, I'm feeling a little depressed too.

Instead of eating the left over peach pie in the fridge and then gorging on the ice cream in the freezer I decided to attempt something a bit more healthy. Yesterday, I used my body mask from Bath and Bodyworks, while it was drying I did some toning exercises. Then I took a long shower and shaved my legs. I actually felt better afterward.

Today things still weren't going very well... so I ate the peach pie. ;o) But, thenI reigned in my cravings and did some exercises, took another shower and used that Neutrogena Micro-Dermabrasion (sp.) system. It works really well, I'm happy with the results!

If things aren't looking better tomorrow - I'll give myself a pedicure and manicure... then I'll paint Kate's nails too!



No comments: