Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Weigh In - 6am

That's right... I happened to wake up (thank you 18mos. old monster!) around 6am and after fetching a bottle and doing that normal morning routine I did indeed step on to enemy #1 - the bathroom scale.

Boy was I in for a shock!

I have not been as faithful to my diet or my exercise routine - mainly due to the heat. 109, 108, 107 - is just too hot. And, who the heck wants to eat meat or eggs in that kind of heat? Not I, I'm afraid.

Have kept up with the water and lots of green tea though.

Still... I didn't expect the scale to tell me that I was actually down another pound. Still, I'm happy and certainly am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Would you?

It's probably because while I say I'm not sticking to my diet - I'm actually eating a lot less because it's just too damn hot.

Anyway - here it is...


2 comments:

Dana said...

That is wonderful! I bet you feel good about that. It's been hot here too, and I have been craving cold fruits. Didn't mean to eat that pizza today, but I did. Bad Dana!

Amy said...

Miss Cambria Cambria? As in Cambria, CA? One of my favorite places, my husband and I had one heck of a romantic anniversary there. I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. from Cambria. I know what you mean about the heat. I tried really hard to do a FIRM workout one, very warm morning and made myself sick!

DanaThere is nothing better than really good, cold fruit on a hot day, is there? I've been having frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, marionberries) with heavy cream (no carbs) and splenda as a "treat" on really warm evenings. I know what you mean about the pizza, too. We had a really nice lunch today with family we hadn't seen in a while and I ate chocolate chip cookies. Couldn't resist! I'll beat myself up really good for that one. LOL